A rare opportunity to influence the built future of Queenstown, New Zealand
The luxury and adventure capital of the Southern Hemisphere, Queenstown’s alpine location and metropolitan culture forms an idyllic location for work and play. Due to growth, Warren and Mahoney is seeking our next Principal and studio co-leader to help develop Queenstown’s built identity and environment. Working with the current leadership team, you will also be shaping the future of the practice.
At Warren and Mahoney, we believe that identity matters. Our next Principal will be an expert communicator, strategist and designer, with a passion for understanding local cultural contexts, and translating them into spaces that connect people and create a sense of belonging. With a portfolio of exceptional built work in the high-end hotel, hospitality, and residential sectors, either gained in New Zealand or further afield, you will be inspired to grow and develop our opportunities both in the Queenstown office and wider Warren and Mahoney network. Your office will be set just one street back from the majestic Lake Wakatipu, but your influence will extend across our other six studios that act as one.
In addition, our next Principal will:
- Have a track record of delivering insight-led, user-centric projects that connect people to place and shape a community’s identity
- Be an expert communicator who develops trusted relationships with clients, key stakeholders and pivotal community groups, and actively engages with the local business community
- Fundamentally understand the financial, social and environmental benefits of good design, and incorporates these understandings at the heart of his/her work
- Be a natural leader, both in collaborating with your co-leader and team, and in setting a new standard for Queenstown’s built environment
- Be a Registered Architect with at least 10 years’ experience.
- Be a part of Warren and Mahoney’s next chapter.
- Help define a new benchmark for Queenstown’s design.
- Build upon our exceptional project legacy.
- Be a part of the design and business community that builds and thrives upon Queenstown’s global success.
In return, we offer a leadership role in a dynamic design business and an excellent remuneration package, which includes the potential for shareholding.
Please send us your portfolio and CV, with a cover letter detailing your career highlights, to Sarah Coleman, Group People and Culture Officer at email@example.com by Sunday 8th July, 2018.Close