NAB on George
NAB Flagship is the Sydney brand beacon, providing a platform for the public to interact and participate in educational, social and community events held within this dynamic space.
The concept engages the wider community by sharing facilities to encourage awareness, engagement and collaboration as well as fostering partnerships with local businesses. The space includes environments for seminars, co-working zones and pop-ups to reflect a community-centric environment.
In line with the transformation of George Street, one of the main arteries in Sydney CBD, the aim is to provide a dynamic and ‘unexpected’ space which will contribute to the street activation.
The shop front design creates visual interest and adds to the texture, vibrancy and character of the streetscape.
The ground floor functions as a smart store, a technology-enabled transactional environment. Rather than store tellers, roaming hosts act as concierge to assist customers with self service transaction and to direct them to the appropriate specialists for more complex financial transactions.
A test and learn zone acts as a testing environment to prototype new products that will impact wider store network.
A vertical street transitions the space from public to private. It comprises seminar space and conversation touchpoints along the stair, with a place making device to hold curated functions and community based activities.
A co-working environment is situated on level one with multiple typography facilitating various collaborative, co-working and meeting settings.
NAB on George features
Integrated customer experience
- Retail, Small & Micro Business and Wealth experts in a single location.
- Hosting seminars and networking events with NAB experts and other customers.
- Hosting showcases to demonstrate new products and offers for customers in branch.
- Demonstrating the latest digital tools and self-serve functions in branch.
- Piloting new products, functionality and ways of working to inform the future design of branches.
- Staff equipped with tablets that enable mobility and easy access to the right information when assisting customers.
- Staff trained with a superior knowledge in educating customers, of NAB’s digital offerings to better support customers.
- A new staff structure with an emphasis on customer education and experience.
- In-house hospitality through the Wise Foundation Barista Program, which helps people seeking asylum to gain work experience and training.