The Christchurch Justice and Emergency Services Precinct is the largest multi-agency government co-location project in New Zealand’s history.
The Precinct brings together justice and emergency services in one purpose-built, world-class facility. It is the largest multi-agency government co-location project in New Zealand’s history. It comprises three main buildings: a justice building, an emergency services building and a parking uilding for operational vehicles. The complex includes 19 courtrooms and a purpose-built Emergency Operations Centre.
With an advanced approach to seismic design and built to an Importance Level 4 standard, it will provide resilience against any future emergency. Warren and Mahoney was the Architect and Lead Consultant, working closely with WMT as Principal BIM Consultant and Project BIM Manager. WMT was engaged under two contracts, one for the Ministry of Justice and one for Fletcher Construction.
This complex multi-agency project with very high seismic compliance rating (IL4). WMT has been heavily involved in the digital prototyping of seismic restraint systems throughout.
This project involves:
- 3D Detailed Design (LOD400) BIM environment for construction
- Advanced 3D visualisation and clash detection
- BIM process documentation
- Change management and stakeholder engagement
- Modular design and construction
- Digital prototyping and off-site prefabricated construction
- Real-time cloud-based collaboration and BIM issue tracking
- Digital set-up and Scan-to-BIM modelling
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Ministry of Justice:
- ‘Driving’ the CJESP BIM at MoJ presentations and meetings to inform users
- Assisting with the data input of room and tenant accommodation to facilitate and track cost allocations, emergency power and FF&E
- Locating and proposing overseas BIM-to-Facilities- Management reference sites
- Assisting MoJ personnel with accessing and navigating the CJESP BIM
- Providing specialist advice on the use of BIM and Point Cloud scanning technology to allow improved facilities management
For Fletcher Construction:
- Model coordination and relocation of designated building services trade packages
- Trade modelling including electrical, communication, data, AV and plumbing and drainage
- Modelling and coordination of seismic restraints for building services