As a result of significant growth in our business, we have created a new role of Legal Counsel to work alongside our Chief Operating Officer in Auckland and provide legal and company secretarial advice and services for our studios in Australia and NZ. This role will have a varied workload, including reviewing, negotiating and providing commercial advice to management on contracts with our clients and sub-consultants, legal compliance, risk management and corporate governance.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a current practising certificate and have at least 4 years’ PQE
- Have significant experience reviewing and negotiating contracts, ideally with a background in commercial or construction law
- Have experience in company secretarial responsibilities
- Enjoy working in a high performing environment
- Be curious and adaptable with creative problem solving skills
- Be client focused
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
In return, you will be joining a dynamic team in an agile, vibrant and social work environment, with an open and collaborative approach across all studios to create a ‘one studio’ culture. Our people are valued for their contribution to the success of the practice and individual career development is an important aspect of this success.
This role, while having an Australasian ambit, is based in the Auckland studio and is required to work Monday to Friday - however there may be flexibility in the hours worked on those days.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV to email@example.com All applicants must be NZ permanent residents or hold a valid NZ work permit. We look forward to hearing from you.