In the immediate aftermath of the 2011 earthquakes we initiated a conversation with ten Canterbury leaders to assess the challenges confronting us in the present, and to explore the shape and character of Christchurch in the future. In this 10-year anniversary edition - 10x10x10 - we reflect on Ōtautahi and its people as we mark a decade since 2011.
Christchurch City is renewed and repairing, there is a palpable sense of energy, optimism and pride in our collective purpose. In these ten conversations we discuss how far we have come, what yet remains to consider, and an emerging, exciting future for the city.
The experience developed and opportunities created by the regeneration of Christchurch are globally relevant as we seek to create more resilient and people-focused cities. 10x10x10 provides rich and personal insight into this lived experience.
Our city is perfectly poised for the next decade; new opportunities (and new thinking) currently in evidence will contribute to a reimagined and much enhanced central city for the future. Richard McGowan, Principal, Warren and Mahoney
Many thanks to our contributors:
- Dr. Rod Carr - Climate Change Commissioner
- Garth Gallaway - Partner, Chapman Tripp; Chair, Arts Foundation of New Zealand
- Philip Carter - Director, Carter Group
- Bryan Pearson - Bryan Pearson Ltd; Former Chair, Venues Ōtautahi Ltd.
- Anthony Leighs - Managing Director, Leighs Construction
- Bruce Irvine - Managing Director, Irvine and Co
- Mary Devine - Managing Director, Hallenstein Glasson Holdings Ltd.
- Jenny Harper - Director, Christchurch Art Gallery
- Jim Boult - Mayor, Queenstown Lakes District Council
- Justin Murray - Chairman, ChristChurch Cathedral Reinstateent Ltd.; Executive Chairman, Murray and Co
- Dame Aroha Reriti-Crofts DNZM BCE JP Ngāi Tūāhuriri, Ngāi Tahu - Chairperson, Matapopore Charitable Trust
- Leanne Watson - Chief Executive, Canterbury Chamber of Commerce
- Peter Marshall - Principal, Warren and Mahoney
- Richard McGowan - Principal, Warren and Mahoney
- Blair Johnston - Principal, Warren and Mahoney
- Whare Timu - Associate Principal, Warren and Mahoney
- Hayley Fisher - Principal, Warren and Mahoney
- Fiona Short - Associate Principal, Warren and Mahoney
- Joseph Hampton - Senior Associate, Warren and Mahoney
To view the 10 Thoughts X 10 Leaders: A future for Christchurch published in 2011, click the link below: