At Warren and Mahoney, we’re a team of designers, makers and enablers. We’re researchers and strategists, advocates and futurists. We are committed to delivering better futures for people, place, and planet. We are leaders and enablers of our future cities, where shared experiences are enriched through our passion for creative innovation and excellence.
With a growing team of close to 400, we’re the sum of the collective brilliance of our people. We engage the very best talent, welcoming a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds so we deeply engage with our clients and communities.
We are proud of the rich, diverse and inclusive studio culture and embedded Te Matakīrea processes where we seek to unlock the true identity for every project and potential of indigenous design in Aotearoa, the Pacific and beyond.
Our diverse range of work provides a variety of opportunities across many sectors for our team to continually grow new skills and experiences. We are searching for dynamic and brilliant designers with diverse perspectives that can imagine new futures with us.
Please visit our website www.warrenandmahoney.com to find out more about our organisation and view our portfolio of work.
About the role:
We seek an energetic Submissions Coordinator to drive the development and execution of submissions, bids, tenders, and other client engagement collateral in Auckland.
This is an exciting position, to join the fastest growing architecture firm in Australasia where the management of sophisticated pursuits is required to create innovative and creative service solutions for our clients. You will be working directly with principals, architects, and designers, as well as other members of a high performing business development team.
This position would also suit an architectural graduate who is not focused on practicing but is interested in pursuing a career in the industry from a commercial lens.
You will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the submissions preparation process from identification through to delivery and taking personal responsibility for driving high quality client focused proposals
- Creating engaging content, presentations, and collateral
- Adding to the creative culture of the studio
- Facilitating engagement with professional networks and memberships
- Maintaining a CRM database with proposal, organisation, contact and market intelligence
- Driving continuous improvement and contributing to new ideas and ways to improve our business development and client experience
- Assisting with general marketing and communications duties
- Relevant tertiary qualification in communication, marketing or related field (preferred)
- 1-2 years experience in business writing and/or bid writing gained from previous employment or academic studies
- Experience producing promotional and marketing material and/or submission documents
- Advanced skills using the full Adobe Creative Suite, and familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in InDesign (preferred), with technical understanding of typography, layout and document wayfinding/system-design
- Ability to write succinctly and persuasively with creative flair, high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in a professional services environment (preferred)
- A passion for design and/or the build environment
- Experience using a leading CRM (an asset)
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team and autonomously
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and ethnic minorities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Warren and Mahoney, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every element in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
If this sounds like you, please submit an online application with your CV.
We are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa.
Please let us know if you need any adjustments throughout the application or interview process. We also encourage expressions of interest from applicants interested in discussing flexible work options.
In your application, feel free to let us know what your pronouns are (for example, she/her, he/him, they/them etc).
We take your privacy seriously at Warren and Mahoney. As Warren and Mahoney operates in both New Zealand and Australia, we are bound by, and act in accordance with, both the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the Australian Privacy Act 1988. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Statement which is available on our website Warren and Mahoney Architects | Warren & Mahoney.