At Warren and Mahoney, we’re a team of designers, makers and enablers. We’re researchers and strategists, advocates and futurists. We are committed to delivering better futures for people, place, and planet. We are leaders and enablers of our future cities, where shared experiences are enriched through our passion for creative innovation and excellence.
With a growing team of close to 375, we’re the sum of the collective brilliance of our people. We engage the very best talent, welcoming a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds so we deeply engage with our clients and communities.
We are proud of the rich, diverse and inclusive studio culture and embedded Te Matakīrea processes where we seek to unlock the true identity for every project and potential of indigenous design in Aotearoa, the Pacific and beyond.
Our diverse range of work provides a variety of opportunities across many sectors for our team to continually grow new skills and experiences. We are searching for dynamic and brilliant designers with diverse perspectives that can imagine new futures with us.
Please visit our website www.warrenandmahoney.com to find out more about our organisation and view our portfolio of work.
About the role:
We are looking for an engaging and outgoing Studio Manager for a 12-month contract to become an integral part of our team in our Wellington Studio. This role will encompass premises management, health and safety, support management, executive assistant duties, general office procurement and responsibility for reception and front of house management.
You will be responsible for:
- Executive assistant duties including travel arrangement, expense management, diary management, organising meeting and conferences, responding to, and writing basic letters on behalf of the Studio Principal and Head of Design
- Managing the Wellington Studio and ensuring the receptionist and front of house is running efficiently.
- Managing new employee arrivals, workstations set up and induction process.
- Responsible for the procurement needs of the Wellington studio.
- Monitoring external industry events happening and coordinating who attends, along with purchasing tickets or Tables.
- Managing the monthly invoicing for the studio and understanding project financial systems
- Have 8-10 years or more experience ideally working in professional services
- A relevant tertiary qualification, higher school certificate or NZQA level 3 preferred
- Experience and knowledge working in a construction industry or professional services organisation is highly desirable
- Have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic InDesign software programmes
- Proven experience of being trustworthy to deal with confidential information
- Proven experience in compiling statistics with strong numerical skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure with conflicting demands
- Strong communication/influencing skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have demonstrated initiative and ability to work proactively
- Be friendly, inclusive and adapt well to different personalities
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and ethnic minorities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Warren and Mahoney, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every element in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
If this sounds like you, please submit an online application with your CV.
We are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa.
Please let us know if you need any adjustments throughout the application or interview process. We also encourage expressions of interest from applicants interested in discussing flexible work options.
In your application, feel free to let us know what your pronouns are (for example, she/her, he/him, they/them etc).
We take your privacy seriously at Warren and Mahoney. As Warren and Mahoney operates in both New Zealand and Australia, we are bound by, and act in accordance with, both the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the Australian Privacy Act 1988. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Statement which is available on our website Warren and Mahoney Architects | Warren & Mahoney.