At Warren and Mahoney, we’re a team of designers, makers, and enablers. We’re researchers and strategists, advocates, and futurists. Adventure is in our DNA and our mission is to solve the most complex challenges, creating extraordinary outcomes for our people, our clients, and communities across the Pacific Rim.
We are committed to delivering better futures for people, place, and planet. We are leaders and enablers of our future cities, where shared experiences are enriched through our passion for creative innovation and excellence. With a growing team of over 375, we’re the sum of the collective brilliance of our people.
We engage the very best talent, welcoming a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds so we deeply engage with our clients and communities.
We are proud of the rich, diverse and inclusive studio culture and embedded Te Matakīrea processes where we seek to unlock the true identity for every project and potential of indigenous design in Aotearoa, the Pacific and beyond.
Our diverse range of work provides a variety of opportunities across many sectors for our team to continually grow new skills and experiences. We are searching for dynamic and brilliant designers with diverse perspectives that can imagine new futures with us.
About the role:
We seek an energetic detail-oriented Projects Business Partner (or an ambitious advisor/coordinator wanting to step up into a business partnering role)
This is an exciting opportunity to partner with key leadership supporting Principals and Project Leads through managing, planning, coordinating and organising business-related functions of an architectural project. You will learn and review our practices and processes with a continuous improvement lens and, in conjunction with the Australian Commercial Director, implement a strategy to bring best practice project management knowledge and skills to the firm. You will work with a fun, collaborative, supportive team in this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing project controls effectiveness and working closely with project leads to create and maintain project plans for effective resourcing
- Supporting the project leads in the management of our projects financial risks,monitoring and advising on project trends and requirements
- Scheduling and attending regular project review sessions to review projects with Project Principals/Leads
- Ensuring accurate information regarding time and revenue is associated with the correct phase in the correct project
- Developing knowledge regarding unique project fee structures and creating of project invoices
- Forecast updates and cashflow management, including for our sub-consultants.
- Support the development of best practice project management in our Studios
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other work-related degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of finance/project management/project accounting experience preferably in a large corporate
- Exposure to accrual accounting methodology and a firm understanding of project financial systems
- Good numerical and analytical abilities, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication/influencing skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with initiative and communicate clear and concise data to cross functional teams
- Experience and knowledge working in a construction industry or professional services organisation preferred
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and ethnic minorities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Warren and Mahoney, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every element in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
If this sounds like you, please submit an online application with your CV.
We are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in Australia. To be legally entitled to work in Australia, you should be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa.
Please let us know if you need any adjustments throughout the application or interview process. We also encourage expressions of interest from applicants interested in discussing flexible work options.
In your application, feel free to let us know what your pronouns are (for example, she/her, he/him, they/them etc).
We take your privacy seriously at Warren and Mahoney. As Warren and Mahoney operates in both New Zealand and Australia, we are bound by, and act in accordance with, both the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 and the Australian Privacy Act 1988. For more information, please refer to our Privacy Statement which is available on our website https://warrenandmahoney.com/.